Thursday, March 12, 2009

Midterms....

I am almost done with midterms. One test left to go, and that's right before Spring Break at the end of the month. I'm not terribly worried about it, though. I am, however, extremely proud of how well I did on my Sociology test! Who would have thought I'd receive a 97 when I missed half of two chapters, had trouble staying awake after my little hospital visit, and somehow managed to not study as much as I should have? Wowza! I am also preparing to register for both the Summer and Fall semesters. Yes, I am going to attend school over the summer. It's a short 8-week semester, and it'll help me gain my goal actually graduating. Going half-time takes long enough! I'll start my emphasis on history by fall, considering that is the Pre-Law avenue I have chosen to take. And how is this for a loop: I need at least 2 semesters of college level language classes. Anyone care to take a guess at what language I am going to attempt?

I have decided that I am very glad I did not attempt college immediately after high school. There is absolutely no way I would have made it. Not that it's extremely difficult, but it is a bit time consuming. When I was 18, I didn't want to do anything that resembled work when it came to learning. I wasn't even sure what I wanted to do with my life. I am thankful I had patient parents who let me hang out at the house for a couple of years after high school! They knew I wasn't ready, and they let me discover what I needed. It made a huge difference.

I cannot discount the military schools, though. Somehow the way we're taught there really cranked it up for me. Now I can sit down in a lecture and pull out what I need...mostly. If I'm lost, I am no longer afraid to ask questions. My tech schools all made a huge difference.

So, that's the short of what I've been up to. Luke and I finally made it back out to the ponies this week. I can't even begin to explain what a wonderful relief and release that was! We started walking again last week, which has been great, but to be around those beasties I love so much....it's so fantastic!

I have pictures on the camera I need to share here. Some goofy things, like our version of fire mitigation. I just have to get off my butt and charge the batteries. It's been so spring-like that we've just been enjoying the yard. Being that March is the snowiest month in Colorado, we are beginning to experience the on again-off again weather. We're actually expecting a little snow overnight! Amazing! We've already experienced a number of decent-sized fires...and they're early this year. Any wet on the ground would be good. Besides, my lawn would probably be very happy receiving water from something other than the tap. But for now, I am going to join the snoring brood and give my poor brain a break. You can all chew on this:

The answer to the language question is Arabic. Yup, going to be tough, but it's definitely original! Yo habla espanol, but I'd like to expand on that. Yes, yes, I'm a little crazy....

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Arabic? Pre Law? What kind of deathwish do you have, girl? I'm only joking of course!
Good for you for following your dreams and ambitions - and realizing that college happens at different times and seasons for all of us.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Holy cow, Arabic? Wow! Can't say I would ever try to do that one. Good for you for going to school!