Sunday, July 5, 2009

Party Time!

Be patient with the slideshows, they're being slow in fully loading. There are more pictures, it just has to catch up. Blah.

We now had made it home from Popes Creek and were getting ready for the promotion party. I tend to freak out over these things. At my house is one thing, at anyone else's house is another thing. Can't explain it. But we managed to help finish getting things ready a bit and started seeing people arrive. I have no idea how many were there, but it was a lot. At least to the introvert I am.

The boys all wandered outside to play with the loads of kids who were coming. Luke was in heaven because most of the kids were much older than him. He likes older kids. He ran, and played, and ran some more. Then he started chasing the balls the older kids were softly hitting with a bat. I think maybe he spends a wee bit too much time with the dog! Joking, he was just having fun trying to catch them and then taking them back.

I had fun meeting all sorts of new people. My brother, David, introduced me to another person who is into sailing. I'm not "into" it, but my husband is and I've learned a fair amount from him and our buddy, so David thought it'd be fun for me to talk to someone like that. He was right! Dad spent most of his time with an old "Thud Driver," (that would be an old F-105 pilot) which was really cool since those are the planes that got him started in his career, and that David and I have a passion & tons of memories of. He was one cool guy, too!

It finally came time for most everyone to leave, but a few hung around for a while. The kids went to bed, we hung out in the kitchen and talked until it was way past bedtime. Okay, so it was only like 10 pm for my body, but it was late enough. Considering I had another George Washington day planned for the morning, I wanted to be well rested. I heard rumor that David, Mary, and the buddies who stayed on a while were up until around 2 am, but I can't confirm that. I was sleeping in the nice, cool, quiet basement (it was perfect!) and crashed out hard.

It had threatened to really dump some serious rain on the party, but God was ever the kind one and had the storms skirt this portion of King George. Then He brought the sunshine out for the party. It was fantastic! Everything my big brother deserved....

No comments: