Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Horrible Fires in the West...

...make for great sunsets. We had our third evening in a row of decent rain last night, but the clouds mostly cleared out just in time for one of the most beautiful sunsets I've seen. I'm not even sure I've taken a picture of one since I lived in Hawaii! One of the meteorologists even highlighted my picture on the 10pm newscast last night. The picture led the newscast off, then was used in his "teaser" for his segment within the first five minutes of the broadcast. Point being that my picture may not be the greatest, but people really noticed the sunset.
With how much more smoky it is today, I'm willing to bet the first sunset of September 2009 will be even more spectacular than last night's....

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Destruction aside, that really is an amazing picture!

tristanjh said...

Yes, it is beautiful :)

Denise said...

I wish you guys could've seen it for real, the pictures just don't do justice at all....