Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another Day....

...another snow storm. Yup, that's right! Here we are, six days away from the last day of October, and it's currently snowing outside. Again! My lawn is dusted white, my driveway a bit icy. Someone told me that it officially signaled the end of fall for us. I had to remind her that we really didn't receive a fall. The few trees that were valiantly holding on to summer and waiting to change color were promptly shrouded in a sheet of ice and the leaves immediately went brown. Then they blew off.
I will not complain, though. The lawn is halfway dormant and looks better now than it did all summer due to the water Mother Nature is putting out! And it could be worse. It was on this very day just back in 1997 that this area was blanketed in 2 feet of snow. The dusting is much more manageable, and the feet of snow can wait until next month.....

No comments: