Thursday, October 29, 2009

October Records....

I think it's fairly safe to say that by now everyone is aware Denver, Fort Collins, and numerous other parts of this fair state of Colorado not mentioned by the media outlets received a walloping of snow yesterday. Snow totals in the metro areas have been upwards of 18 inches. That's impressive this time of year! We here in the Pueblo area, however, remained dry. Windy, but dry.
I finally crashed out last night around 1:30am. I guess that's considered this morning, but still. I woke up just a bit before 5am because of a meek voice calling me. What I saw out the window got my blood rushing! In that short amount of time, just over 4 hours, we had 3 inches of snow on the ground! But here is the real news:
It is now just about 7:15 am and we have over 5 inches. There are some areas that have received over 3 feet of snow! I'm not sure how all of this compares region-wide against October 1997, but national news and weather reporters are saying we've officially passed that storm since this has been just over 24-hours and that storm was 3 days.
I've got a few pictures, and there will be more to come. My batteries died and are charging.....

2 comments:

Corbie said...

It's actually pretty warm here right now and, much as I love the snow, I'm enjoying every second of it :)

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Ok, we have had some nice Fall weather.. I am so not ready for snow.. You guys can keep it there ok :)