Friday, April 25, 2008

10 Days is Too Long...

I can't believe I waited 10 days to make another post! In all honesty, we have been keeping busy, but that's not a great excuse.

Jeff has been working those stupidly long hours because of his plant's outage. It bothers me, to an extent, because it really wears him out. I worry about his time in the car. He's been doing great, but it does take a toll. But then, it doesn't bother me because it's part of his job and a necessary thing. We've been through these plenty of times...means a little more work at home for me, in the department of laundry, especially, but no big deal.

Here at this particular plant, however? It bugs me. It bugs me big time. Why? Because my dear, sweet, extremely patient husband and his merry band of operators have to work 18-20 hour days to make up for the lazy maintenance manager and his crew of golden children who just don't know any better. Seriously! I think I've met that man once, but I despise him. He's a lazy wanker! But enough of that.

Luke is a busy little man. He keeps me on my toes! Thank goodness he's so good around the ponies, but I am having a dickens of a time trying to locate a lock to put up high on the doors that actually matches our existing hardware. You see my boy has figured out the doors. He's been known to let himself outside and can't reach the handle to come back in. I'm terrified he'll pull this stunt when I'm not right here with him, so locks at the top of the doors will be installed soon.

I found some great locks that I thought would be perfect, but they won't work with our moulding. Not flat enough. Darn. Sometime this weekend they go back to Lowe's and I come home with the more expensive sliding chains. Did I mention they're more expensive? Why is it kids have to make you buy the more expensive stuff? Oh well, if it keeps him safe then it's worth it.

Luke's finally cutting one of his 2-yr-old molars. FINALLY! Once this one comes through, it should kick-start the other three. Or, at least that's how it's worked with the first set of molars. At least I'm aware of this and his grumpiness makes perfect sense. Last night he threw a royal fit over my locking the guest bedroom door. Not something I normally have to do, but he wouldn't leave the danged door alone! Once it was locked he just kept trying and trying, screaming all the while. I tried to bribe him away with cookies, laundry, the dog, the cat, and finally by carrying him into the living room with me. Nope, wasn't having any of it. He went screaming back down the hall, causing me to laugh and him to get madder. He went into our bedroom, grabbed a few things, threw them into the hall, then went back to the guest room door and continued his fit. He eventually stopped, walked down the hall to the living room and was acting like nothing ever happened. He even sat down and "helped" me fold laundry! What a goofy kid.....(sometimes ignoring him is the best thing I can do...)

Me? Oy...My life has been filled with ponies and doctor's appointments. My gallbladder hasn't been happy with me for, oh...6 months now, I guess. Through this, I have come to find that I will be looking for a new family doctor. Funny how the patient had to beg for a certain test that my doctor and his gastroentrologist buddy were sure I didn't need because it HAD to be my stomach. Oh, and GE buddy also decided that I must've just had a virus that had caused muscle pain....funny. I didn't know localized pain in a very particular spot that persisted and worsened over nearly 5 months (at that time) was just viral muscle pain....

Anyway, the test I begged for showed I was, indeed, correct. Now it's just a matter of when, not if, to take the gallbladder out. The surgeon was WONDERFUL! He even stated that my initial ultrasound was definitely not "fine," as was reported to me, and had unobjectable proof that something was wrong there. He was the first person in a line of others to state that! Wow, my confidence in the doctors around Pueblo is just skyrocketing, let me tell you (drip, drip, drip).

Oh, but it gets better! So, people keep thinking that we'll have another baby within a few years. Uh, no. Luke's pregnancy and birth pretty much destroyed that. Sometimes genetic factors aren't fun. Anyway, I've had issues since his birth. Long story short, it was decided last week that I'll be having that baby-growing organ taken out. I'll be having a partial hysterectomy. I was a little bummed about it, but now am okay with it. Seriously, if it stops the problems that have been going on, then it's so worth it.

The nice thing is that it'll be done at the same time as the gallbladder removal. One time under anesthesia, one set of incisions, one time to recover and heal. The hard part? Do I do it in the Springs with my ob/gyn that I trust and like, or do I do it in Pueblo at the hospital that saved my life and with the surgeon I trust and like? Conundrum. Well, I guess that'll come in time.....

I know, I need to post more pictures. They'll be coming soon. In the meantime, the fires are out, rebuilding, reforesting, and re-checking the indian artifacts has begun, and everyone else in this house is in a peaceful slumber. I believe it's time for me to join them.

3 comments:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Denise-
Sounds like busy times for you and your household! Kids are so much fun aren't they?
When are you having your surgery? I am SO sorry you are having to have that done! Do you have endometriosis?? I would probably go with the Hospital that saved your life!
Take care, I hope to hear how you are; your in my thoughts and prayers!!
Shalise

Ben and April said...

Wow, Denise. Sound like life is busy for sure.

As far as locks go, Michelle has the kind like they use on hotel doors, similar to a chain lock, but it slides.

Sorry about the your gallbladder and the hysterectomy. I am sure you have already done a ton of research on this, but I didn't know if you had considered a gallbladder cleanse. It would not be recommended at all by conventional doctors, but the natural realm would highly recommended it. One of my favorite websites is www.welltellme.com. You could search on there about gallbladder cleanses and get info on how its done. Also a good book to read regarding hysterectomy is The Hysterectomy Hoax. Just wanted you to know about those. I am not trying to be pushy in anyway, I hope it doesn't come over that way, just thought you might be interested.

Are y'all planning on coming to Pam's wedding? I hope so, we would love to see you, and meet Luke!

Denise said...

April, we had planned on Pam's wedding when we found out over Thanksgiving, but that's up in the air now...thanks to my silly body!

I actually spoke to a few naturopaths because I was just going to do the liver and/or gallbladder flush. I knew about those a looooooong time ago. They all said "don't do it. If you're already having problems, and especially if you have stones, it'll cause more problems, possibly even emergency surgery." Dually noted! I've had enough of emergency surgery, thanks!! :D