Monday, January 5, 2009

Big Boy....

So, I am at that almost desperate point that most parents of boys reach with potty training. Luke was doing pretty well....until I had my surgery. Then it all went out the window. We're finally back to doing.....okay. I decided to try the "you can't pee in these pants" thing today and bought him his first pairs of big boy underwear. We'll see how that goes. I suspect not well, but hey, it's worth a try.

Being that I've never been the biggest fan of tighty-whities, I looked for something a little different. He came home with boxers and boxer briefs. He started out wanting to wear the briefs, but that lasted all of about 3 minutes. He's been running around in boxers since. I think they're pretty cute, and he seems happy, so at least THAT is a step in the right direction. Oh, how I dream of no more diaper bag and no more pull-ups! Seriously, the cloth diapers were so much easier...and cheaper.


Then there is the subject of a bath.




An actual bath. Luke doesn't usually get baths, he showers with daddy. He used to shower with me, but since I couldn't do a whole lot in November because of the surgery, we decided that was the time to switch parents. Sometimes, however, the shower doesn't occur because of daddy's work schedule....which isn't really a schedule. Such is the life of a power plant family. On those nights he still takes a dip in the tub. And I end up doing a bunch of laundry. Why? Well, take a look (pardon the nudity...at least he's still a toddler and can get away with it!):


So, my little man continues to grow up on me. In ways it is WONDERFUL! But I get a little teary each day when I see just how big he is and the new things he learns. I guess every mom feels that way, but it doesn't make it any easier to see your baby gaining a little independence....

6 comments:

Corbie said...

We are a boxer brief family - I didn't even know they made boxers for kids that small! Adorable pics - they get big way too fast.

Robyn said...

Between the two of us, I would say we have the cutest dang Luke's!
Those little legs are priceless!

Denise said...

Corbie: I found them by accident yesterday! They're pretty cute! Yes, they do get big way too fast....you know that all too well.

Robyn: Thanks! I have to agree. They're both really danged cute, and they have a great name (even shortened!)

Jenn said...

I hope everything falls back into place with the potty training. The brief are way cute. Do they come in Thomas? That is the only thing I can get Luke to let me put on him.

tristanjh said...

I love boxer briefs too! And thankfully, so do my boys. But Jenn, try as I might, I never found Thomas ones...and believe me, I looked!

labibliotecaria said...

He will appreciate those pictures so much when he is older. [rolls eyes] I love the bath ones!