Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Ghost Light....

A little while back I let Luke choose a book while we were shopping. I figured I could reward him once in a while, and books are something he loves. The book he chose is about "Mater," the tow truck from the movie Cars. He has yet to see the movie, but the book was interesting enough for him to pick out. It's titled "Mater and the Ghost Light."

He LOVES this book! Frankly, I'm a little tired of it, but reading something 4 or 5 times a day will do that to a person. Who cares? My boy's enjoyment of reading is what really matters! Anyway, this is also his top choice when it comes time to go to bed.

The other day Luke decided to read his Mater book to the dog. I didn't actually see it because I didn't want to ruin the moment, but I heard it. It was very cute. Red, of course, probably didn't give two hoots, but he also didn't go downstairs. Luke was happy.

Last night was the big surprise for us. We were reading for bedtime when Luke said "Mommai, I do." Okay, what's this? Next thing we know he tells us exactly what the page says: "OH NO! It's the Ghost Light!" Plain as day, with enthusiasm, and extreme pride!


Needless to say, we were also extremely proud and let him know. So, no matter what, I will forever be keeping this book. There's no way I can resist!

3 comments:

tristanjh said...

I love moments like these...and I especially love it when they include books!

Corbie said...

Like Tristan said, it's nice when it involves a book...somehow, 'Mom, I cleared the millionth stage of Pokemon on my Nintendo' doesn't have the same ring to it.

Congrats - I love those moments too.

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

I love it, books are SO much fun, my kids could sit for hours and hours and let me read books, it's amazing how reading to your kids helps there developement, for my kids it is like a bath and relaxes them..