Friday, February 13, 2009

Surprise, surprise....

Don't you just love it when people seem to just disappear for a while, but you have no clue why? Well, in my case, it's just been being busy with school and uninspired to write anything other than psychology papers, sociology papers, and the starts of a research report in response to a research project for psychology. While that may seem boring to others, I have been having a ball doing it. I never had any idea my mind would take to the "soft" sciences like this! I guess it makes sense, given that I'm one who loves to pour over history books just to learn more about the people of our past, how they lived, and what lessons we can learn from them. If you think about it, when one does that they are also rolling the psychology and sociology of that time into the mix.

Luke seems to be enjoying the schedule we have this semester, as well. He gets to play with his friends two days each week: once for a half-day, once for the whole day. He knows when those days fall and starts talking about the fun he'll have the day before he goes. Two more days are spent with the ponies. He loves helping me groom them, plays with his toys and the dogs when I'm handling a difficult or very young pony, and rides the ponies he gets to show this summer. Beyond that, he goes for a run or long walk with me nearly each day...sometimes in the neighborhood, sometimes at the lake to gaze at the bald eagles. I think he likes that time most. But he tells me what he wants to do each day and looks for opportunities to learn around each corner. It's amazing!

We also spend at least an hour each day to read books. He loves his books! Not only do we read a story or two each evening before he goes to sleep, he brings random books to us throughout the day. Everything stops and we read. I figure it's a good thing to encourage. Thank goodness his Aunt Lisa is a librarian!

We're still kind of waiting for winter. The temperatures have called for a light coat, but I'm getting really tired of watering the lawn each week! I'm glad other parts of the country are getting the white stuff and some rain, but it'd sure be nice if some of you would share it! Still, it's made for a nice, active winter out of doors! There's nothing like being an active family who gets bored staying indoors....

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Glad you are back and that all seem to be well. Seems like everyone (and/or their kids) are sick right now, so way to stay healthy!

Denise said...

yeah, we've been dealing with a few bugs, too. Yesterday at school I encountered a few people throwing up (yay), and then encountered it again at Walmart today. We've already been through that this season, but I kind of expect it again after this. Joy, oh joy.