Saturday, February 21, 2009

Trotting Along...

I took these videos the day of my big incident. It was maybe two hours before, to be exact. Luke stated he wanted to trot during his ride, so I grabbed the camera as we set out. Bearing in mind this is only the second time he's trotted, he did really well! Jack, being the wonderful pony that he is, was trying very hard to just take care of the precious cargo on his back. You can see he was less than thrilled that I kicked some sand at him to make him move forward in the first video, but it did work! He's not a lazy pony, just well aware of the little one his back and very, very careful. I appreciate that, and Luke feels safe with him. At this time, Jack is the only pony that Luke will stand in his stirrups on. You can see he tried a bit to stand in the trot in the second video.

Obviously he didn't go further than a few steps, but it's a start! I mean, I don't want to terrify the child, or risk having him fall off right away. No matter what, I'm very proud of him.....


No comments: