Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oh Yuck!

There's nothing like waking up in the morning to the sound of vomit hitting the pillow beside your head. Yes, that's right, our morning got off to a roaring start.

My poor little child woke up, sat up, and threw up. He's been in bed with me because he doesn't have a big-boy bed yet, and he absolutely refuses to have anything to do with the crib, so the contents of his stomach made their home on the pillow next to my face. Yuck. Since it was about 6:30am, I was close to getting up, but not quite there. That changed quickly! Now I can't seem to get that smell out of my nose.

I feel so bad for Luke. I don't think he digested any of his dinner, so he must've been feeling poorly yesterday evening. Such a great child, he didn't let us know. Anyway, I stripped his pj's off, scooped him up, and put him right into the tub. He was happy about that, it meant he got to sit in water! I got him cleaned up, washed his hair, then toweled him off and took him to his room to get some clothes on. He said he wanted a little tea, so we went to the kitchen to make some. What a time to find I'm completely out of peppermint tea! Oh well, Chamomile works. Poor little man started whimpering again. This time the sink was handy.

He's been fine since then, he's even tormenting the dog right now. He looks positively horrible, though. Pale, sunken eyes with dark circles and bags under them, kind of looking like he's a bit lacking in energy...but I guess that's to be expected.

I hate this part of parenthood. It's awful when your child is sick...even worse when you have no idea why. He's such a good boy that it just kills me when he's icky. There's only so much I can do to help him, but it doesn't make it any easier.....

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Oh, sad. Sick kids make my heart hurt. One word for you: Popsicles. They make little people happy and keep them hydrated. They qualify as a clear liquid, so they're easy to keep down. Just a thought - we ended up in the ER once with dehydration, and popsicles were the answer.

Jenn said...

There is nothing worse then having sick kids. There is such a helpless feeling that comes along with it. Then they have to have those sunk in eyes and pale face. It's so painful as parents. Well I hope he gets feeling and looking better soon.

Denise said...

He's been fine since. Fell asleep around noon or noon-thirty and slept until 2:30. He's still obviously a little tired, but he's better. Even begging for dinner, so I take it as a good sign.
He's been drinking all day with zero problem, so I know he's not really sick. Just one of those buggy things that hit and go away.