Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Paha Sapa....

I'm sure there are some out there who are wondering where the heck I've been. Maybe not, but it's been a week and it has been silent on this blog. That wasn't intentional, I just haven't had access.....not to mention time!

Where have I been? What could have taken me away from bloggerland?

Paha Sapa.

What's that, you ask? I'll give a few hints.....then I'll write later.

Paha Sapa is the Sioux name for the place I've been. It is my new favorite place in this great nation, and I'm not joking when I say I want to move there. It is home to two major memorials, one owned and operated by the National Parks Service, one privately owned, funded, and operated. It is a place full of gold mines, made somewhat famous by a handful of movies and television series. And it pure heaven.

I am in serious need of getting laundry done. The thought was that we'd have time to do it while on vacation. We were so busy seeing and doing things that laundry never happened! Later this evening I will begin posting words and pictures of this wonderful place.....

No comments: