Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

(Tristan, I haven't forgotten about the tag...just haven't accomplished it, yet)

We ventured to the historic district again yesterday since it was a lovely afternoon and a good place to walk. It's amazing how much has changed in the past couple of weeks, and Union Avenue has sincerely been hit by tragedy over the past little bit. No need for details, but there are a lot of people in the area who are hurting....emotionally...due to various circumstances. Not just because of the explosion. Especially given the time of year, it's heartbreaking.

We had a lovely walk, though. Lots of windows to look in, some perusing of shops, good smells, and plenty of giggling at my boy. He was happy to be out & about.

Today is baking day. Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving and the turkey will be using the oven for the duration, I am getting the cheesecakes (pumpkin and chocolate), green bean casserole (a cliche staple), cornbread for the stuffing, and a few other things baked today. It should prove to be a full day!

I conclude by sending everyone Thanksgiving wishes. I am eternally grateful for my little family; my husband of 10 years who can drive me up the wall but also takes very, very good care of me and lets me know he loves me (seriously, I drive him further up the wall), my sweet little son who amazes me each and every day. My almost 12-yr old cat who has traveled the distance with me and still manages to know when I'm even remotely sad and works to cheer me up. My almost 9-yr old dog who has visited every battlefield, nearly every trail, saved my butt from certain situations with farm animals, and is the ever-faithful companion. And my parents, who have selflessly given time to help out during this interesting fall season.

I am thankful to have a warm and comfortable home, food on the table, a faith that keeps me somewhat sane, and true friends who remain close to my heart.

And I edit into this post, at 10:27pm Weds night, that I am thankful friends Jeff and Brittany back in Salt Lake are safe and sound at home here in the United States with their new daughter from Mumbai.

I pray this is a wonderful time for everyone else!

4 comments:

Corbie said...

Okay, your green bean casserole shout out was great because I mentioned it on my blog today too - I mean, what is up with the green bean casserole? :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Claudia said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Denise said...

I don't know, Corbie, but it just doesn't seem like a holiday without it! Though I was the one to introduce it to a number of people in PA and HI....so maybe it's a Utah thing?

tristanjh said...

Now if you would have told me earlier that you were making both pumpkin and chocolate cheesecake, I'd be on my way to Colorado right now!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!