Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mid-November?

I realize it's been a few days since I last wrote. I have discovered that I am on a little bit of an emotional rollercoaster. It's not a surprise, but it was still a little unexpected for me. No big deal, though.
My mom being here to help has been a godsend, though I feel guilty. It's hard enough for me to sit back and do next to nothing, but when I am watching another doing my work, it's horribly difficult. I'm trying to be good and just give over control, though. Difficult, again....to say the least. But, I'm trying.
Lucas is being wonderful. He has his moments, of course. He IS only 2, so he can't just get the drift of what's going on, but he's being a good boy. He's playing, walking the miles with me through the neighborhood (what a sight we must be....little boy accompanying his momma who's constantly in pj's or yoga pants), not fighting with the dog, making us laugh (which is still a little mean to do to me), and spending plenty of time with Gramma. I do think, though, that he'll be happy to have other little kiddos to play with come Monday when I return to school. I'm sure he'll argue the fact when he's dropped off, but Mondays are also the 1-hour day for him, so it'll be a fairly easy transition back.
I'll be seeing what's left from the explosion tomorrow, as well. There are many places damaged, some of which won't be opening again for a while because of that fact, and the ATF will be here for a number of days while trying to piece together what happened. It's been thought it was natural gas, but nobody knows for sure. Weird. Anyway, I'll be seeing the remains because I have to go that way to return a very overdue library book. It came from the branch right here by our house, but since that's being expanded and is currently gutted, coupled with the fact we can't find the drop-box, I'll be taking it to the main campus just up the street from the explosion. The bad thing? Union Avenue is shut down in that part of town, so I get to direct mom through the streets (since I'm still banned from driving). It could turn out to be an experience. I'm still taking my camera, though. She's less than amused because of the possible threat of asbestos (also still not confirmed), but I've always been this way.
Despite the fact I've been taking walks almost each day, I am stir crazy. I want to get up into the mountains. I want to play with the ponies. I am glad I'm returning to school. I feel good, but have little reminders that my body is healing. It's hard to take this long to get past something! Still, it's worth it, especially since I already feel better than I have for a very, very long time.
It's obvious I'm extremely bored since my writing is so rambling. As such, I am going to go find some shoes and the dog's leash so we can enjoy a lengthy walk in the 65 degree weather. Seriously, is it really mid-November? Then I can come home and see about starting to put some thoughts together in an attempt to get this paper on cloning equine geldings for breeding purposes written. Yippee....

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Glad to hear your recovering is kind of coming to a close. I can't wait to see pictures from the explosion.