Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Healing Time...

I am amazed that I am feeling as well as I am! Honestly, I keep waiting for a crash. My body just doesn't react this way! Now, that's not to say that I'm not sore, not hobbling around like an old lady, or able to do much of anything, but I'm in better shape than I expected at this point.

I am so thankful for my dear, sweet, wonderfully patient husband and my mother who has seemingly endless energy. If it weren't for them, I would already be trying to do way too much. Not to mention that my perfect little boy is so intuitive and pretty well leaving me alone. He sat with me for a bit this evening and took a nap, but he's rather in the mood to just look at me from a distance. What a great kid!

I am still amazed, though, that I, the patient, am the one who knew what was wrong. I, the patient, am the one who told the doctors in this area that my gallbladder was shot. I am seriously considering giving my family practitioner and the idiot G.I. doctor a rude awakening, and firing the practitioner. It makes me angry. I am glad that I had the summer to play around, though. It was a great summer!

I am disappointed in the election results, but I spoke my mind and that's what matters. It's not just the General Election stuff, there's some things in this state that have me shaking my head. That is part of living in this country, though. We have the freedom to choose what we want. It's a great thing! Only time will tell how things pan out.

Now I will continue staying quiet and healing. It is going to be wonderful to take a run, to ride a pony, to walk further than the living room, but for now it's just wonderful to be home....

2 comments:

tristanjh said...

What a fabulous attitude you have! I am glad that you are doing so well and that you have the love and support of your family to help you heal.

Corbie said...

You do always have a very positive outlook - how nice for everyone around you. I am glad you are home and doing well - and thank goodness for mom's with endless energy and patient husbands. I hope you find lots of time for rest.