Saturday, August 29, 2009

New Colors...

As difficult as it is, I have decided to change to the fall colors a few days early. I really just wanted to wait at least until September. But, alas, I saw signs of fall's fast approach on the way to the ball game last night. *sigh*
The geese and ducks are starting to fly South in droves. The leaves on the trees are starting to turn, especially as you get higher in elevation. The cottonwoods along Fountain Creek in Fountain (suburb of Colorado Springs) are showing the earliest hints of turning yellow, while maple trees even in my own area are beginning to demonstrate the same hints of orange and red. And the feel in the air? Oh my...
So, with a bit of a heavy heart, but also with the slightest touch of excitement I turn the blog colors to that of autumn. The good thing is that while we are well aware the snow will soon be flying, fall still brings on adventure for this family always going strong in the out of doors....

1 comment:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

You should be a writer, you described that so beautifully! I love fall! Last night we drove home to Heber over Guardman's Pass and I saw lots of leaves starting to change. This is my favorite time of year!