Monday, August 10, 2009

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH!


Yup, that's me on the summit of the 2nd highest peak in the lower 48 States, and the 17th highest peak in the entirety of the United States. Mount Elbert, Colorado, at a height of 14,440 feet above sea level! What a ride!!
The highest peak in the lower 48 is Mount Whitney, California at 14,494 ft, the other 15 are all in Alaska with Mount McKinley leading the pack at 20,320 ft (also affectionately known as Denali).
Rest assured I will detail our trip, including the...uh...interesting night before the climb. For now, I have a 3-yr-old needing attention and dinner to cook. So, stay tuned! Adventure awaits!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

You ROCK!!! Pun intended, even if it's not funny.

Denise said...

Made me laugh! Thanks, Claudia. It was my goal for the summer, and after the embolism in February I wasn't sure I'd make it. I'm so happy the Good Lord blessed me with the recovery and endurance!