Saturday, August 22, 2009

Pikes Peak, Baby! 14,110 Feet by foot....


Success!!! 12 miles round trip, 10 hours on the trail (including an hour on summit), and some really great company. I was able to complete my third Fourteener today, had 1 1/2 donuts in the summit house, and have now caught up to my husband. All since the latter part of June! Okay, so that's miniscule in a season compared to a lot of people, but considering it's only been six months since my embolism, I think it's a pretty big accomplishment.

Oh, btw, I'm not sticking my butt out in the group picture, I was holding on to the rocks on the sign because I was afraid we were going to break the bench. It was creaking!!

3 comments:

tristanjh said...

You are so stinkin' tiny that there is no way any of that creaking had to do with your butt!

Congrats :)

Denise said...

LOL!! Thanks, Tristan, but it was creaking before Kerri got up there with me

Claudia said...

Wow! You're amazing! - As always...