Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Pictures

Mount Elbert from about 9000 feet...after the climb
Barefoot at 14,440 feet looking over the Twin Lakes
The GPS reading, always a plus!
A relieved and exhilarated couple!
The summit log
The Maroon Bells
Highest Pt in CO, Mt Elbert, 14,440 Ft, 8Aug09
Jeff making summit
A pika that was kind enough to stand still long enough for my shutter
Our path off the path, a.k.a. the Narrows
Can you see how steep? And not even close to the finish
Pikes Peak
Break time!
Going up!
Twin Lakes
Me with my hands in my pockets heading toward the first false summit. Second false summit is the point on my right shoulder
Mount Sherman, my first 14'er
Mount of the Holy Cross
Looking Northeast'ish, you can see Turquoise Lake
Mount Massive

2 comments:

Corbie said...

The pics are gorgeous and I hope you are very very proud of yourself. The only use I have for a GPS is in my car...so...I'm most definitely proud of you.

Denise said...

Considering how close I came to dying in February, and that it was almost another year of sitting out on just about everything? Yes, you'd best believe I'm proud of myself!
Thanks, Corbie :)