Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dreaming....

I think it's another sort of senseless post, but tough.

We're dreaming again. We've started looking at real estate and jobs in another state. We've been here in Pueblo West for 2 1/2 years, and our feet are itchy. That's what happens when you've traveled with the paycheck!

We had watched a movie this weekend that sort of stirred the pot. I have been wanting to check out a particular place for years. YEARS. Like, before I met my husband....even before I left Utah. I haven't ever really mentioned it to Jeff because I figured he'd think me crazy. To visit, sure...but not to live. Guess what? He's been thinking of it for a very long time, as well. It's funny how kindred we are.

We also think of things in terms of our little boy, and our parents. We want only the best for Luke. The best we can find in schooling. We want to succeed in teaching survival skills and living off the land & wildlife. We want him to continue to be rough and tumble. Close enough to a larger city that he's not shocked, but far enough that he's not disturbed. This fits pretty well.

Then comes our parents. Mine are starting to get up in age (not a joke, not trying to be bad. It's just the truth), Jeff's aren't far behind. Both have their health issues. We want to be able to have at least twice-yearly visits with them. Right now that works out. In our current quest....that would be tough. Not to mention if something were to happen. We'd have one heckuva drive or flight to be with them. We'd do it, of course, but it would be tough on them.

What does this all boil down to? Prayer. We are praying for guidance and leaving it all in His hands. If there is one thing we have learned over the past decade, it is that trusting completely in God to put us where He wants us actually works. And usually hits us like a frying pan to the head.

Where is this mystery place? Well, I think I'll keep it quiet for now. No sense getting anybody up in arms over a very preliminary scratch of the foot. We have, and do, plan to stay put for another 2-3 years, but we've started getting those clues that it's time to start looking. It's exciting! Our moves are always an adventure (has anyone ever seen a U-Haul truck towing a Land Rover on its two side wheels?? I have....I thought Jeff was going over!! With my dog! In the middle of Morgantown, WV. It's quite a story).

For now, it's time for bed. This cold has left me pretty goofy. I need to sleep and get my old, dull, but somewhat sensible brain back!

1 comment:

Corbie said...

Oh wow! Love the new look! :) So true...leave it in His hands and it all works out. I was just discussing this with someone this afternoon. Good luck in your surrender and subsequent decisions!