Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Just Irritate Them.....

I can't help but share this. It made me laugh very hard, but also made the couple involved pleased that they could provide some entertainment.

I mowed the lawn this afternoon. It was in need, but Jeff's work and my schooling have made it more difficult to get to. Being that it's starting its fall shutdown into dormancy, it has slowed growing, but it was still too long. I took advantage of my good mood and abnormal energy, fired up the mower, and went to work. Luke proceeded to make the rounds on his little bike, Red proceeded to continually choose the wrong spot to lay and was hollered at to move with each sweep I made. Seriously, those who don't think dogs can, and do, give dirty looks just need to bother my dog when he wants to relax.

Anyway, I finished the back yard and moved out front. Luke was still biking, taking full advantage of the sloping driveway we have. Good boy he is, he would stop about 6 feet from the road, come back up to the garage, and coast back down. Red was more successful in finding a place on the lawn to lay down, choosing a place in the shade of the tree close to the house and needing to be told to move only a couple of times.

While making a sweep toward the driveway, I noticed a black sedan with an elderly couple pulling up. I have no idea who these people are, but they had that "help me" look on their face, so I killed the mower and say hi to them.

"Where on earth did you get your yard sign??" (I have planted a McCain campaign sign in my front lawn, first I've actually done that).

"At the Victory office downtown," I proudly reply (oh, I am also not the only person on our street to do so. Side story here: with the exception of one family who are part of a religion that prohibits anything holiday or government, to include voting, the entire North end of my street is Republican, or voting that way. I don't know about the other end, but I can't see it and don't know the folks down there. Why is this a big deal? Because we live in the 2nd most liberal and "blue" county in the state.).

"Huh... we called the RNC office (Colorado Springs) and they told us the signs were all gone. Where's this office?"

I gave them the address (it's so easy that I just remember it), which the gentleman wrote down. "Thank you so much! We're going to go down there right now and see about getting one."

I told him a little relevant information dealing with construction on that block and where the office was in the building. Here's the part that made me laugh. If anyone lives in a county like Pueblo, you'd definitely understand:

"I have to put one in my yard. I have this overwhelming and irresistible urge to just annoy the pee out of my idiot neighbors."

It was the very best day of mowing my lawn ever, thanks to an older gentleman, his giggly wife, and their appreciation for being politically incorrect.....

1 comment:

Corbie said...

I think you just gave me a glimpse of myself in 40 years. Thanks for that - it made me laugh.