Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It Isn't....

So the good news is that Luke is perfectly healthy. That's wonderful! He stayed home with me on Monday and I spoke with the pediatrician's office. They agreed that he probably just has a cold sore or irritation from his current fascination with chewing his fingernails. He did, however, need the day with me, I think. He was still a little off kilter, and I think a day with other kids may have sent him in a bit of a spiral. He was MUCH better today.

I, on the other hand, am extremely frustrated. How in the Sam Hill did I end up marrying someone who actually LIKES math? More than likes, almost lives for the stuff! Well, it's not all bad because he has been able to help me. A lot. I just want to get through all the math related classes I can in a quick manner and with a decent grade. Then I want to be all but done with it. My poor instructor was just as frustrated today and finally had to realize I wasn't kidding when I said "no more, move on."

Who would've thought that fourteen years after high school, where I only passed the minimum math I needed by the grace of an understanding teacher, that I'd still be brought to the verge of tears by mere numbers? ARGH!

But, at least the day ends on a good note. My wonderful, patient, and willing husband sat down with me (while the 2-yr old literally bounced from my back to his) and somehow managed to find a way to make part of what was crucifying me today make some semblance of sense. Not really, but at least now I can lie about it and come up with the correct answer. What a great guy......

3 comments:

Corbie said...

You are lucky. My husband sees my 5th grader's math homework and says 'go see your mom'. Lucky for me I like math - at least 5th grade math :)

tristanjh said...

I'm glad Luke isn't sick. However, true to my prediction both of my kids and me are now sick. I am now fully supplied with a winter's worth of Mucinex, Tyleol and every imaginable children's cough medicine available. Good times are being had by all...NOT!

Denise said...

Oh, Corbie....this IS 5th grade math! Well, it might be 6th grade math now, but I've lost track. Whatever, it totally sucks.

Tristan, all 3 of us are just getting over the first cold of the season. I'm grateful it wasn't bad for any of us, but I'm not looking forward to winter. With Luke actually out and around others this year? Oh boy...