Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The One Golden Photo...

A few days have passed since our last voyage to the high country, but I am still aching for that location. As much as I absolutely cannot get enough of the ocean, I am, far and above anything else, a mountain girl. Still, the next visit will have to wait until the weekend (when I hope to get some incredible pictures and videos to share).

A local TV station asks for viewer photos each fall. They make a slideshow of the masses of photos sent to them, along with placing a few of the shots on the various newscasts. This year they have also incorporated a contest. While I sent 12 photos to them, I don't bet on anything. But I have had a prize of sorts presented to me.

I was on the phone with my hard-working husband as he was letting me know he was on his way home when I saw a photo presented in the 6pm newscast. Lo and behold it was one of MINE!! Wow, what an honor! I admit, it looked a lot better on the TV, even with said TV being 10 years old and not HD (hey, it still works, why bother upgrading when we don't HAVE to, yet?), but I'm still pretty happy with it.

So, with that, I present my one Golden Photo:

5 comments:

tristanjh said...

Very pretty...Congrats!

sarah said...

Wow!- that's beautiful! That's why I love Colorado :)

Ben and April said...

Absolutely breathtaking!!! Great job! We are just now barely seeing some color on the trees.

Corbie said...

That's the kind of picture you see in a picture frame at the store and you want to bring it home and just leave it in there rather than putting your own picture in. Beautiful.

Claudia said...

What an amazing scene! Makes me remember how much I miss seeing mountains!