Friday, December 26, 2008

Argh, Matey!



Talk about a very merry Christmas! Look at what is now in my backyard!!! Welcome to your new "home," Catch 24!

She actually was just bought today by our friend, Jason, but he and Jeff are sailing partners. Rather, they will be once they can get onto the water. They are in this whole thing as a joint venture. As such, Catch is staying here because we have the room for her, and we live a whopping 2'ish miles from the main body of water they will be sailing on. Frankly, I think it's pretty cool.

I now need to come up with a name for a blog for these two crazy men. That's my mission in all of this: to blog about their journeys. Well, that, and keeping the cabin in good shape (I volunteered that info tonight, much to their shock)...but mostly I'll be blogging. When I come up with a name and get things going, I'll share it.

In the meantime, we'll enjoy the winter and make sure she's exactly how the guys want her to be for the spring thaw. I'm sure they're already twitching and stomping in wait, but what a wonderful Christmas present to each other!

4 comments:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Looks like lots of fun! You weren't kidding about having no snow! I'm sure once the weather is better you will be out on the ship yourself!

tristanjh said...

I've always wanted to go sailing...very cool!

Jenn said...

Sailing? Is there a lot of places to go up there? Looks way fun, can't wait to see the pictures from teh first ride (or is it sail?)

Denise said...

There's actually quite a few places...and it's pretty much always windy here in Colorado, so that's a plus for these nutcases. Pictures will come, but not until around April!