Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pristine Wilderness...

I haven't had much chance to get any pictures, and those I have been able to snap will be on the camera for a little bit, but we have such a pristine sight out our door right now! We were aware a storm was brewing, but all forecasts told that we'd be lucky for even a little bit of snow. Just the cold. Well, it is currently a balmy 10 degrees outside (at 2pm) and we have 5-6 inches on the ground! YAY!

In a way I am relieved because I didn't really want Jeff to head to Boulder today. I don't know, something just didn't feel right about him going today. The chance will arise again, so I think it's okay. He's currently shoveling the drive. In a way, I am thrilled because the snow is so wonderful this time of year, and I relish the thought of frolicking in it with my Little Man. In a way, I hate it because it's going to cause a mess when I let the dog in and out....but how minor is that?

The bad thing is that my sweet little boy is unable to play in it today. We woke to get ready for church and all was well. We'd been up maybe 10 minutes when his tummy decided it no longer liked anything about anything. The poor thing is begging for some water, but each time I give him a sip (literally, just a sip) it comes right back up on him. He's so upset. Frankly, so am I. This is the part of parenthood that sucks.

It's tempered just a little bit when I look out the window and see the beauty that's been laid before me. Oh, how I would love to grab a sled, dash out the door, and have a ball!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Enjoy your snow day! I think it is very nice to observe snow from a distance, so think of this forced indoor day as "playing in the snow Claudia's way".

Sorry to hear about the sick tummy - hope he feels better soon.