Friday, December 19, 2008

Back on Track....

Finally, we are back on track! All three of us came down with the virus Luke had. It was HORRIBLE! While I am grateful that I did not get it as hard as the other two did, I still will be glad to never see anything like it again. The last time I felt pain like that from being ill was when I had e-coli...11 years ago. Thank you, but never again.
I am feverishly working on disinfecting the house today. I doubt I'll get all the way through, but even a good start is better than nothing at all. And it feels good to know it's being done, not to mention that "clean" smell is a refreshing change.
I will return to regular visits soon. It's going to take a few days to be back all the way, but at least we're not all lying around waiting for the next wave. Thank goodness!

6 comments:

Corbie said...

I'd give everything under the tree for that 'clean' smell - how does one get some of that (without cleaning, of course :)

Denise said...

HA! I have no idea!! This is all from Lysol...both spray and concentrate cleaner!

Robyn said...

I need to chime in here because I just saw the most beautiful picture on your blog! I know I am late(I usually am) But the picture of the lake...gorgeous! How lucky are you! Keep sharing all winter long, please!
Lysol is my friend. Especially in the winter! Happy to hear your family is better. Nothing is more miserable than a little guy being sick for Christmas. Or mom!

tristanjh said...

I'm single handedly keeping Clorox in business. Between bleach and disinfectant wipes I've pretty much got it covered.

Jenn said...

So glad to hear it cleared up before Christmas. As for the smell, forget the wonderful smells of Christmas go for the Lysol:)

Denise said...

Thanks, Robyn! It's usually a fairly pretty scene. There are moments in the summer that it's horribly dull and ugly, but that's what happens sometimes.

Tristan, I usually just use vinegar for that reason. It's cheaper and is a disinfectant, but since we were all bummed with bad tummies, I chose to do something a little more pleasing to the nose.

Jenn, The wonderful smells of Christmas include oranges, so that fit right in! :)