Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Music!

I have finally joined the ranks of those who have added music to their blog! It's a short list, but let's face it: who really sits and just listens to all the selections on a friend's blog? Still, they're a few of my favorites for the Season. Enjoy them! I'm sure there's even one or two that some of you out there haven't heard.

I received such an incredibly sweet invite last night. It was from a few people I grew up with who are getting together the day after Christmas back in Sandy. It was especially touching since a) I've been missing my childhood over the past couple of days, and b) it's a sort of ward get together and I'm not LDS. There were some who were exceedingly mean to my brother and me while growing up because we didn't share their faith, but these ladies were always kind. To know that they're still such sweet and kind women is just a wonderful thing. I can't explain it....I've just become a bit of a skeptic on human kindness over the years in all of my travels and it does my heart good to know there are still those who extend warmth without strings. I can't attend since I won't be traveling this Season, but my I'll be with them in spirit.

Thank you, Ladies....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the compliment, Denise! It's not hard to be nice to someone as nice as you are! I'll make sure I take lots of pictures and post them on my blog so you can see what you missed. Get better soon!

Corbie said...

Okay, this has nothing to do with the post but I am seriously skeptical as to whether Robin will put the pics on her blog...at least not before the decade is out...

Just teasing you Robin - I love a woman who blogs on her own terms :)

Claudia said...

Sorry we're not going to meet your Luke in person this time.

I'll take pictures too, and probably even post them once the grinch gives my smiley attitude back.

Unknown said...

Corbie's point is well taken, despite my recent blog activity--I posted today!!! (Yeah for me!) Let's just say I'll do my best! :)

Jenn said...

We will definatly miss you. We will have to plan another time to get the Luke's together. I'm sure between all of us you will get to see some pictures. I think we should turn it into a contest to see who posts first. Let the games begin!!!