Saturday, December 20, 2008

Do You Ever Have Days...

Do you ever have one of those days where certain people just drive you up the wall? Every little thing they do just makes you want to throttle them. Some are things that always irritate you, yet you're kind enough to let slide. Other things are just the fact you woke up and it's not their fault.

Today was one of those days for me. There is one individual in my life whom I love dearly. I wouldn't trade this person for anything. But on certain days I just want to drop kick this person and make them stay as far away as possible....if even for an extended period of time. I don't really know why it happens, it just does.

I think some of this may be due to the epiphany I had just a couple of weeks ago. There was an extension tonight, much to my delight. I love when things fall into place like this! Now, if only I can be sure to express what I've learned and stick to my guns! Lord willing, that's how it'll be. The other part of what may have caused that "stay the heck away from me" attitude today is the fact I've been cooped up in the house for the better part of a week. Well, I am pleased to say I was able to spread my wings a bit today!

Luke and I ventured into downtown Pueblo. My favorite part: the historic district. It was planned, sort of, because that's where the main library is and I had books to return. On this level, it will be nice to have our little branch reopen in March after the addition is complete, but it I'm sure we'll still manage to visit the main branch that's not so far away. Point being that we were able to get out of the house and see something a little different. It did not satisfy my overwhelming desire to go fly fishing, sledding, or just doing a little trek in the high country, but it did satisfy that need to see some different walls. Even Luke was happy!

I do hope to get a day to spend with my fly rod in the cold waters near Leadville before the New Year, but only time and weather will tell. While my parents were here, dad and I got to talking about fishing. I have some spots I am dying to take him, none of which I've been able to hit since I've only been fishing one time in 3 1/2 years (blasphemy!!) due to pregnancy and momhood. I look forward to taking my boy with me, but not until he's a bit older. Anyway, since those little chats I have been just overwhelmed with the need to bundle up a bit, don my waders & boots, and climb into the ice-lined rivers in the mountains above my home.

Until then, I just hope I don't take any heads off with this nice little attitude of mine....

2 comments:

tristanjh said...

We all have those days where certain people irritate us. I, however, have never had one of those days where I had an overwhelming desire to jump into a half frozen body of water. WTH?

Denise said...

LOL! Well, when wearing the proper thermals and socks underneath your neoprene waders and boots, you don't really feel the cold. The top half gets bundled with thermals, coat, hat, and fingerless gloves. You'd be amazed at how warm you stay!