Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just A Couple of Fun Shots...

These were all taken today, within about 2 hours time. The filly is now a month old and full of vinegar. She loves people, is extremely smart and brave, and is losing her baby coat. It's amazing how much white is already mixed in her coat! She also loves Luke, insisting on chasing him around when she's in. He has no qualms about pointing at her or pushing her away with a very hearty "NO!" Does anyone think she cares? Nope, it's an invite to start a new game of tag. I've decided I need to attempt grabbing video of it, it's that cute."why are you out there?"
"please come play, Luke!"
hugs for me

This is the best and most cuddly stallion in the world, Lotus. I love him. He's been sick lately and looks horrible, but he's feeling better and was bright enough for a picture today. The angle is funny, but I was standing on the rail because when I was on the ground he was trying to eat my phone. Poor guy, as soon as I put my phone away I pulled his mane and forelock. He wasn't amused (despite his hugs when I finished).
Reaching for the phone
watching his baby girl

The rest is a welcome surprise for us! Exactly one inch of rain absolutely poured from the sky, accompanied by quite a large amount of hail. The hail ranged in size from dime-sized to golf ball. I'm so glad the latter was very, very soft! It's amazing, really, that the damage was so minimal that I wouldn't even consider calling it "damage." Only one plant suffered.
The white streaks are hail
1" on the dot!

Yes, yes, it is rather silly, but it was still a fun day.....

5 comments:

tristanjh said...

So I'm jealous on two fronts: first you seem to have unlimited access to horses and second, you got yet another summer rainstorm. Can I come visit?

Claudia said...

That looks like an awesome day! Luke is so comfortable around horses, what a wonderful experience for him! I love the rain pictures, nothing like a little water falling from the sky. We actually had a cool shower this morning, and it is cooler outside than inside (first time since May, I think). Off to open the windows...

Corbie said...

I love that picture of you with the horse - it is adorable. And forgive me for trivializing your blog but do you have on lipstick in the photo because I really like the color.

Denise said...

Nope, no lipstick. Actually, I don't even own any lipstick! It's just carmex and heat.
Tristan, you're always welcome to visit!
Claudia, it's now 58 degrees, and raining again. I noticed the ponies shedding their summer coats yesterday, and it's supposed to snow above treeline today (~11,000 feet), and there are a few trees with some early changes around here. I'm afraid it's going to be a very long, VERY cold winter.

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

How fun it looks, I second the notion on Tristan's comment, how fun it would be just to have the horses right in your backyard; my girls would love it, we go on walks everyday and where we live people have the horses and the property- it is such a delight to take the kids to see them.
I love summer rainstorms- we do not get enough of them, though I can feel the changes starting in tempature: Take care! Luke is such a cute boy!