Friday, July 4, 2008

Decision Made....

I did decide to go ahead an join the crew for the trip to the Western Slope next weekend. I just can't stand not having a weekend of camping! Or traveling. I have this incessant need to travel.

It cracks me up how many comments were made on the attachment parenting and likely-minded things we parents do. I've actually been shocked at how insistent Luke's been on staying in his own bed. I shouldn't be, he takes on the world at full speed. He's always pretty well had the say of how things would go, and he still falls asleep in my lap in the recliner. That's fine by me, I enjoy the cuddle time!

He did the same when he weaned from nursing. It was sort of a relief because he'd just stay attached to me all night long, but when I got sick last fall he seemed to realize I was in pretty bad shape. From that point on he just wanted to cuddle, not suckle. I swear he remembers me in the ER when he was six weeks old and asking him to keep his daddy calm while I went into surgery. Ever sense that moment he just becomes a caretaker to me when I don't feel well. What a boy!

As today is our Independence Day, I must rejoin the celebrations outside. Now that I'm dry, that is. Trust me, you'll understand when I get it all down, but it's a unique thing to Pueblo West.....

No comments: