Thursday, July 3, 2008

To Go, or Not To Go.....

I posted a big thank you to my husband last night, but I guess they cybergoblins ate it. How sad! I'll rewrite it and post it again later.

I am having a bit of a dilemma. A very bit. Next weekend is a camping/ATV trip to the Western Slope (that would be Western Colorado) that I need to decide about. My man is going, he has planned on it for a very long time. I won't do the ATV thing for two reasons: I don't have one and I have a 2-year old. Luke and I will be the only ones not doing the ATV's, which is fine by me. I'd rather hike the trails, anyway.

There will be at least one other wife there, one who hasn't ever been camping or even experienced s'mores! We will all be in tents, naturally, which is just a ton of fun (not being sarcastic), the weather is nice, the location is pretty good, and I can take my ever-faithful dog. I actually like to cook over a fire, will be in Ute territory (therefore, comfortable), and have more fun sharing experiences like this with my son than doing anything else. But I'm not sure I should go.

I have been back and forth on this decision for almost as long as I've known the trip was in the plans. I can't decide if it's intuition or just indecisiveness. I am a HUGE believer in human intuition and the need to listen to it, so this is kind of important to me. But I just can't tell with this one!

Silly, isn't it? I guess I'll have it figured out in the next few days. I have to! I just hope I can figure out if it's truly intuition, or just simple indecision....

5 comments:

Corbie said...

I am the same way about intuition...but often my intuition seems to be off (obviously, because I am still alive despite at least five dozen 'I'm going to die' episodes). So, I have taken to looking to the future and seeing whether I picture myself in it. I know this is strange but I kind of go with the "does it seem like my time yet?" question. If I can still picture myself in the future with my kids or I still get a sense that there is more here for me to do, I chalk the bad vibes up to something else (i.e. fear of the unknown, not wanting to leave my comfort zone, etc.).

On a different not, I noticed on your profile that you are into attachment parenting. I did a lot of studying about that during my psych degree classes. Since then, I have decided that my version of attachment parenting is to breastfeed until oh, say my children start little league. You know, that way they are all 'attached' to me at all times...:)

Denise said...

HA! I nursed to 15 mos, before I wanted to stop, but extenuating circumstances prevailed. He's just now in his own bed, though. 2 years of co-sleeping, which I enjoyed, but he's too kicky and shifty now. Otherwise, he's totally attached to me! :)
I need to make my decision within an hour or two...yippee. Not worried about the dying thing, just the "am I really supposed to go?" thing. Weird...

Corbie said...

Mine still sleep in our bed...oldest one until he was 6. Weird, I know. We are finally down to one two year old plus us in the king size bed. Just remember that anything you may do that seems weird to the outside world...I have done a hundred times and twice as 'weirdly' :). Have fun today...I think you should go...life is too short not to soak it all up.

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

I think you should go! You keep going back and forth you may regret not doing so..
As far as the attachment thing, my 3 year old HAS to sleep in our bed, my 5 year old likes to sleep on our floor;I say whatever works with u is just fine.

Who knows If I will have another baby- so I enjoy Bryhn.. No harm done! I do not anticipate her being in my bed until she is 10.

Jenn said...

First your post regarding you husband may have been eaten up by the blogger cybergoblins but not by the google reader cybergoblins. I will copy and paste it to you in an email so you don't have to redo it. But in the time you would have redone it, pack for the outing this weekend. I'm with everyone else. Go for it but follow your intuition while there. As for the sleeping. I feel like a MEAN parent. Last night after 2 1/2 hours (from 2:00 am to 4:30am)of Alita wiggling I put her back in her bed. Then there is Luke, ever since we separated him and Alita he sleeps on the floor in his door way so he can see her. I guess if we ever have an earthquake in the night he will be already for it:)