Monday, May 19, 2008

A Day at the Lake

It was a wonderfully warm day today. I absolutely love summer! Okay, so it's still spring, but close enough. With family coming to visit in less than a week, I decided it was time to go get the State Parks Pass....finally. I'd been kind of putting it off, but this was the perfect day to venture to the closest park: Lake Pueblo.

Poor Luke was just glad to be out of the house. I don't blame him...despite the fact we haven't actually been inside the house since it's warmed up. The yard is loving the attention. Speaking of, I need to get current pictures of the backyard and get them on here. Anyway, the strawberries are stressed. I'm sure at least 2 of them will survive, but most are looking.....quite poor. I'm not terribly surprised, it's just what the wind does around here. I just hope I don't lose them all.

Luke LOVES water. Under normal circumstances our Saturday mornings would be filled with swimming lessons. Since the indoor pool had a problem in the middle of January, has been closed since, and the outdoor pool is not yet open, we're stuck. I thought a nice treat in the 92-degree weather would be a dip in the lake. It's hard to take pictures when you're working to convince the not-quite-two-year-old that he can't go barreling as far as he wants into the water!

We had a ball. I think it was about 2 hours of splishing and splashing. There are plenty of rocks that now have a new home IN the lake. A couple of older ladies had quite an entertaining afternoon, thanks to my boy. The squeals, giggles, and shouts of joy were enough to illicit a few giggles from those two serious souls. I, of course, never cease to be amazed at how much I laugh when I'm out somewhere with this wonderfully perfect little man. He's just a hoot!

I've got pictures, but they'll have to wait for morning. I need sleep because he wears me out!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

What a great adventure! Luke is so lucky to have you as a playmate - you plan the best excursions. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Jenn said...

I'm so excited to see the pictures! I hope the strawberries survive. What fun adventures you have.