Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. I've been kind of busy. Still trying to take full advantage of the lovely weather, though my poor house is suffering. Really, it is crying out for a good, deep cleaning! Well, we're having company on Sunday, so it'll get a pretty thorough one over the coming days. Family is coming to visit the last week of the month, so it'll be cleaned well all through the week...with the exception of Saturday the 24th. I have a horse show that day :)
HBO's Real Sports did a fantastic piece the other night on a subject near and dear to my heart. I'll talk about it later. But I'm happy they did it.
It's cold again today. Technically, today is the safe day for spring planting. I've obviously started early since my stuff has been in the ground for about a month, but I'm also pretty cognizant to bring certain things in and cover others when needed. Ironic, though, considering it's 47 degrees outside. And, shock, it's windy.
The birds are fantastic, though. I've got new visitors this year. The baby horned larks came for a visit the other day, too. Early this year! My tree has been full of orioles the past few days, male and female. I have what I assume are a breeding pair of grosbeaks. It's so exciting! Yes, yes, I'm a dork. I won't leave out the mention of all my return visitors, though.
Well, we're off for a few hours of errands. Have a great spring day!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

My house needs a good cleaning to. I've yet to put my plants outside. I guess I'm just scared that once I do a snow storm will hit again.
Also, I have tagged you. The rules are on my blog under the post "Tagged by an Angel."